Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.
Proverbs 3:4-5

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Holly (Great)! Let's skate!

Great and Ashlyn ready to skate!

Great's birthday skate! She's still got it!

Noah on the fly!

Ashlyn's got it!

Ashlyn helping Paw Paw! Just kidding!
Today is Holly's (Great to some) birthday. She is my baby sister, born when I was sixteen and I claimed her for my own. She was like my daughter as a child and I always thought God gave me two sons because my daughter love has been wrapped up in her. The coolest thing is that she is daughter, sister, and precious friend all rolled into one. What a blessing she is to our family! She joined us at the skating rink when we took the girls , Noah and Ashlyn, skating today. She's done a lot of skating as a teen and is still good at it. Noah can fly on skates and Ashlyn is improving by leaps and bounds. Paw Paw is the girls protector on the skate floor and is responsible for teaching them how to skate. He has done an exceptional job.

The girls spent the day with us and Grey and Jax spent the day together at Josh and Jen's. We have Ashlyn and Jax as overnight guests while Josh and Jen celebrate a late Valentine's night out. Well, it's about bed time so I'm signing off. What a great day!

Holly, hope you have many, many more happy birthdays! I surely do love you, baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment