Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.
Proverbs 3:4-5

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Josh's Birthday Celebration!

Ashlyn and Jax give daddy a birthday smooch as Paw Paw looks on!

Josh and his beautiful family!
Yesterday was Josh's birthday. Josh, Jen, Ashlyn and Jax, Paw Paw, and I celebrated with a birthday meal at Red Lobster. It's hard to believe that my eldest son is 35. Makes me feel kind of old (I guess I am, huh?). I made brownie cupcakes with coconut frosting for him. Since one of his favorite candy bars is Mounds, I thought he would enjoy that kind of cupcake and he did. I knew that a cake would be too much as he has been doing some serious working out at the gym lately.

When I look at my sweet son's handsome face, I can still see that little boy that I had the privilege of mothering so many years ago. When we brought him home as an infant, I cried most of the way home and kept asking his dad if he thought this precious babe would survive my parenting. There has never been a child more loved or wanted than this child. I am so proud of the caring, loving man he has become! I guess he did survive my parenting after all. Your Dad and I love you so much and are so thankful to be able to watch you grow in your own role as husband and father! May God continue to bless your life as you have blessed ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment