Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.
Proverbs 3:4-5

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Grey!

Grey's birthday ice cream with Oreos! Yummy!

Celebrating with cousins is the best!
Grey, the youngest of our grand brood turned 4 today. Even though he is the youngest, he has always been the tallest of the four as we marked heights on our special measuring wall at the house. We had a little birthday celebration at McDonald's after school today. He and his sister, Noah, and cousins Ashlyn and Jax played, ate ice cream, and played some more until all had to go home. We will mark Grey's height on our wall tomorrow.

When I think about Grey's specialness, I remember all the times he is such a willing helper. He goes to the grocery store with me and never stops helping until the groceries are carried in and put away. I was having some visitors one day and was busy in the garage and asked Grey if he would run the vacuum in the kitchen for me. He said, "I will but I don't know how." I showed him with my little light weight vacuum and he did a terrific job! He likes to help cook, especially cracking eggs, and he's pretty good at it. There are days when I barely stay ahead of his mischief but he is so loving that he melts my heart, especially when he says, "Grandma, can I sit in your wap?" I treasure those moments and I treasure this sweet little boy! I love you, my "big boy". Hugs and kisses, Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment