Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.
Proverbs 3:4-5

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thinking about and craving more time with the Holy One.

Though I do try to spend some time each day in devotional time and daily prayer is a major part of my life, I do long for more time spent in God's word as His voice is so strong through His message to us. It so boggles my mind that God came to earth as a human being and lived among us in the form of His Son! There is no feeling that I have or will have that is foreign to Him, no sorrow, no pain, nor any feelings of joy or gratitude that he has not shared in human form. Though He was beaten, berated, spat upon, and nailed to a cross, His self esteem did not suffer because He only cared about how He looked in the eyes of His Father. I am so challenged to do the same, to live my life with my sole concern being how I look in the eyes of my Heavenly Father. In this world of me, me, me, and mine, mine, mine, how I long to pour my life out as an offering to and for Him! Just as love is a daily decision in any relationship, spending time with God is a daily decision as well. I have been working on a corner of my home where I can spend quiet time with my Father, developing a deeper relationship with Him. Glory to His Name!

No comments:

Post a Comment